Monday, February 22, 2010

So Tired...

Saturday was another long run day.  We did not motivate until about 3 in the afternoon and ate very little throughout the day...so much for the lessons learned last week!  I also only had a two work out week so I am hoping that I have learned! 

We ran the Riverbank Trail by our home, down to VRC, and back.  The loop itself was so beautiful along the river with lots of wildlife.  There were a ton of people out.  It is amazing what a little sun does in this town!  The weather was perfect.  We did our 5 min. warm up, rotated between 3 min. runs and 2 min. walks, and finished with a 6 min cool down.  My legs were not at all happy with me and I felt like crap the entire run.  This was a good reminder that not all runs can be good ones.  Sure did not help at the time, though, especially when I felt like dieing the entire time!

Today I sucked it up and got on the treadmill.  Another 55 minute session down.  Same drill: 5 min warm up, 3 min run/2 min walk intervals (9 to be exact), and a 5 min cool down.  I felt sluggish but I am glad that I did it.  Hopefully it will make this weekend's long run more enjoyable...a girl can hope, right?!  3.09 done!

41.29 miles down and so much more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment