Monday, February 15, 2010

Saturday Long Run

After missing most of the week's workouts and all of the previous week, I was a bit nervous, especially because Dan and I did the run at night...after a decently large late lunch.  Note to self, do runs first thing in the morning and do not eat a large meal before the run!  We left the house at 6:50pm and I am so glad that we did.  By that time, it was really easy to make excuses not to run!  But off we went in our neighborhood with a five minute warm up, five mile run, and five minute cool down.  The whole thing took us about an hour and a half with total distance of 5.45 miles.  Our pace was a little slower than normal but I am okay with that considering we went from a three mile long run to a five mile long run!  I just can't believe that we actually ran a five miles!

The only downer is that my left foot and/or ankle, it's hard to tell, is very stiff and sore.  I think my new insoles have thrown my left foot.  Today's workout may be cross training or walking just to make sure everything is okay.  Just waiting to see how the pain is later this afternoon.

Another 8.2 miles for the week with a grand total of 34.10 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment