Monday, February 1, 2010

Long Run #2 and Renovations

On Saturday, I had my second long run.  I started at the Valley River Inn and ran towards Autzen on the River Bank trail.  The trail was mostly concrete which my poor knees did not appreciate.  The weather was overcast and sprinkling on and off at 45 degrees which my poor leg muscles did not appreciate.  This was my first run in less than ideal weather which I probably just need to suck it up and get used to because, well, I live in Eugene, Oregon.  The fun part was that there were still a lot of runners out on the trail.  I really do love that Eugene is so runner friendly with a great running community!  We started the run at 9:30 in the morning, did a 5 minute warm up, ran 3 minutes/walked 2 minutes for a little over 3 miles, and then finished with a 5 minuted cool down.  All in all, it was pretty good.  I finished the week with another 9.11 miles under my belt. 

Sunday was my rest day that turned into a renovation day.  We officially started our tiling project by ripping out the not-so-white carpet, the carpet padding, the staples, and the tile in front of the fireplace.  Man were we tired last night!  Today I am a bit stiff and sore, not sure if it was from the run, lack of rest, or the renovation.  Either way, I am taking today off to rest.  My knees are feeling a bit stiff and sore and the goal is to not get injured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment