Friday, February 5, 2010

Miserable Malalignment

And I quote from Dr. James, "You have Miserable Malalignment."  Best news from yesterday, NO SURGERY.  I need to try out orthopedics inserts and do some hip strengthening exercises but no surgery.  My hip sockets are turned outward so that the muscles, bones, etc. compensate for the malalignment.  He said that's just how God put me together and there's not a whole lot that can be done.  Just cope and continue to train smartly.  Wahoo!  Sorry Mom, you did not make me perfect!  :)

This week has turned into an unofficial off week while we have worked on the crazy tile project.  I think the tile project should count as cross training strength training.  Have you ever moved backerboard/cement boards, tile boxes, mortar buckets, grout bags, etc.?  Pure evil!  And then there is laying the backerboards down, lifting one at a time, getting the mortar down, moving the board back, screwing the darn thing in, and finally taping the seams.  Holy Cow!  What were we thinking?!  Oh, yeah...it will be so much better than WHITE carpet! 

Back to the races next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment