Monday, February 8, 2010

First Day Back

I was nervous all day regarding how my first workout would be after my week off.  My time was longer with an extra interval, 8 instead of 7.  I was looking forward to a run with my new insoles yet dreading what might be...  I was also very nervous about the first run with the new insoles.  Dr. James said I should break them in for a few days or even weeks.  No surprisingly, I tried them out on the first run anyway...

Thankfuly, everything went very well.  I felt relaxed and strong in my run, even with the extra 5 minutes.  I managed another 2.77 miles on my shoes and felt like I could do more.  The insoles were a little uncomfortable on my arches but not too bad, very doable.  Best yet, my shins are not killing me!  I was a bit nervous about that, too.  All in all, it was a good first day back!

No comments:

Post a Comment