Friday, January 29, 2010

No Good, Very Bad Week

It has been a no good, very bad week and I am so glad it is Friday.  Work and home have just been tough.  My attitude has been down and my energy level has been shot.  I had a decent workout on Monday, not great but not bad.  I completely boycotted Tuesday cross training and weights.  Wednesday was a rest day so by the time Thursday was here I was feeling like a two ton heifer and did not want to work out, not one single bit under any circumstance!  I checked the newspaper for when the sun was supposed to set and realized I had to changed and leave right then in order to get my 45 minutes in at Amazon Park. 

Thank goodness I did!  I got to Amazon and did my 5 minute warm up which was a nice way to get use to the park.  There were a lot of people on the trail which made it nice.  I did my 3 minute run, 2 minute walk intervals and felt relaxed and strong.  My 5 minute cool down was a great ending.  45 minutes and 2.97 miles later, I was finally feeling a little better about the week.

I realized that I hate indoor workouts, especially now that the days are getting longer.  I loved being outside.  It was crisp but not chilly.  I loved seeing all the other runners, walkers, bikers out and about.  I felt like I was an active part of the community.  The bark trial was so nice on my poor knees.  I felt strong in my form and breathing.  While I am a bouncy, wandering runner with little grace, I enjoyed watching people who were graceful.  There was a woman who ran like a gazelle, so smoothly.  Maybe one day I will learn to have the running form like she had.  A guy was running graceful but with a lot of power.  He just zoomed past with pure determination.  Even with my inefficient running legs, I actually started to feel like a runner.  Best yet, my pace was awesome.  If I keep improving, I might just have a pace to finish with for the Pear Blossom Run in Medford.  I would really like to get a race under my belt before doing the Eugene Half Marathon! 

Then came today...
I did not want to do my cross training.  I did not want to do the elliptical or the bike but I dragged myself downstairs, changed into my workout clothes, and got on the darn bike.   The 30 minutes just went by so slowly but I am glad I did it.  I just took it easy and did not push too much.  I want to make sure that my legs feel strong for run long #2 tomorrow.  Even though I did not want to and was bored the entire time, at least I got in my 30 minutes today.  Sure hope tomorrow gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment