Monday, January 25, 2010

First Long Run

I was kicking myself for not doing my cross training on Friday.  I just did not want to do the elliptical or the bike.  My thought was that I would do the Wii Fit Plus at home but that never happened...sorta knew it wouldn't.  On Saturday, Dan and I ran some errands for items we needed for the run.  We got out to the wetland by Greenhill and did a nice warm up, 2min run/2 min walk intervals until we hit 3 miles, and then a nice cool down with stretching.  I felt great, like I could have kept going for another 2 miles!  I forgot that the high would wear off so even though I had a snack right after the run, I did not get enough protein in my system and had a mini crash.  I took a short nap.  Dan made a fantastic lunch.  I felt so much better after the nap and the filling, healthy lunch.

I am starting to remember how great running feels; that I can escape to my own little world and enjoy it.  The weather was perfect on Saturday and it was fun to run around such a beautiful setting.  The birds were a lot of fun to watch, too.  I can't believe I am going to say it but I even wanted to run on Sunday.  The rest days are hard! 

Week one of training done and 7.78 miles logged for the week.  Not great but not too bad!  A girl has got to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment