Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cross Training and Days Off

Yesterday was my first official cross training day.  I did a 30 minutes session of strength training.  I was worried about being sore today but pleasantly surprised!  I can feel my workout in a few spots but nothing really noticeable.  I hope tomorrow is the same way!  The worst is when the soreness hits on the second day...so much more intense and lasts longer!  After some stretching, I did 25 minutes on a stationary bike...so...boring!  Thank goodness for my music!  I think on the next cross training day I will do the elliptical.  Hopefully I can do some hiking when the weather improves and there is more daylight.  Oh, and there is swimming!  I think I will really enjoy cross training days!

Today is the first official day off which sounds easier than it is.  I have to rest my body today, meaning I am not supposed to work out...period!  Should be easy but I feel like I am breaking my routine...like I am cheating...like I am slacking off.  I know that the rest days are REALLY important but it feels off.  Hopefully, I can get into the new routine and habit and the rest days won't feel so odd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment