Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 2, Day 1

I felt in good spirits all day, even though I was a bit nervous about the first run after the first long run.  As the day krept on, I realized that I had a head ache and felt run down.  Note to self, drink more water and eat!  I barely ate yesterday and I think that's the major problem. 

When workout time came, someone else was on the treadmill so I warmed up on the elliptical for five minutes...nice but not quite the same.  The other person finished a minute into my warm up.  I switched over to the treadmill and did my 7 intervals (run 3 min/walk 2 min).  A nice 5 minute cool down and some stretching for good measure. 

I really hit my stride about half way through.  I bought a new arm band for my iPhone, which was worth EVERY penny, this weekend and ran with it today.  Music makes such a big difference!  I am reading a new running book, ChiRunning, which is supposed to help a lot on form and injury prevention.  I still need to look into going to an orthopedic but I will save that for another day.

Another 2.24 miles logged...one step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment