Monday, January 18, 2010

Sometimes I Wonder...

I am not sure if it was brilliants or insanity but I signed up on December 31, 2009 for the Eugene Half Marathon. While I have wanted to do this race for the last few years, I have not been sure about my own ability. Seriously, who voluntarily pays money to enter a 13.1 mile race? I did! Between constantly being excited and terrified, I am doing it. There is this little voice in me that continues to say, "I can do this." Most surprisingly, the little voice is confident, a bit shy but confident. For the last 18 days, I have been continuing my normal workouts, trying to figure out how to train and what program to follow, and reading Marathoning for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfeld. So, today marks my first day of training! We are off to the races...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment