Friday, June 29, 2012

A Great Medford Trip

This has been an awesome week.  Dan and I went down to Medford to see my family for the first time in months!  Everyone was super excited to see the growing baby bump.  My step-mom was supper sweet and bought me some cute new maternity clothes.  We had a great time catching up with Dad and Shawna.  We also went up the hill to visit with my Mom and Keith which was lovely.  Their property is so relaxing and peaceful it but me right to sleep...oops!  I felt bad about that but they understood.  I got some good cuddle time with their dogs.  We went back down to Dad's and my good friend Leslie stopped by so we could catch up and I could meet her new little guy, Jared!  He such a cutie pie, only 6 weeks old.  I absolutely fell in love when he fell asleep on my chest in the tree-frog pose!  On Sunday, I got up early to pick my grandmother up for Mass.  I love getting to share my faith with her!  It is such a gift to have that time with her and to be unified in our familial and spiritual bond.  That grandmama of mine is simply amazing!  I took Lilly over to Dad's for brunch and Shawna's parents were over.  We had a lovely time catching up.  The Old One and Buzz are pretty excited to be great-grandparents!  Dan and I dropped Lilly off and head north.  We stopped in Roseburg to pick up our wine and visit with Dan's parents.  We had a great time catching up and seeing them.  It was a wonderful weekend!

I had my second doctor's appointment yesterday that went very well.  I still can't get over how amazing the heartbeat is.  Doc said that I am doing great!







Week 14

Baby Size: a lemon!  The baby measures 3 1/2 inches and weights 1 1/2 ounces.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
 
In other news: Your baby's stretching out... His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.
How I feel about being pregnant:  Excited for this adventure!  A bit tired of throwing up most mornings but even that isn't as bad as it was in the beginning.
Symptoms:  Still throwing up most morning and with stretching itchy skin.  New new symptoms include stretch marks, being very lightheaded, and loose joints!  My blood pressure is down (96/62) but that's normal with pregnancy, which is causing me to feel very lightheaded/dizzy.  My joints are feeling loose and wiggly.  Last week, my right wrist could not support an item that I regularly pick up.  Also last week, my leg did not want to move with the rest of my body while getting out of a booth which resulting in a very sore right hip for a day.  Last night, my left knee did not turn with my upper body so that has been sore today.  My doctor said that a hormone called relaxin is released during pregnancy to help the hips widen for the growing baby and future birth but that hormone effects all joints.  The things you learn!
Cravings:  Nothing really.
What I am most excited about: I love my doctor!  Dr. Reilly is very level-headed, down to earth, easy to talk to about any crazy concern, non-judgmental, sympathetic, respectful, and uses common sense!  I had a great appointment yesterday and scheduled my first ultrasound...so excited to see the tadpole more clearly!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He took Dolce to the vet early in the morning so I could get more sleep!  I picked her up but that extra sleep was critical!
Funny moment: Scratching my belly at work without realizing it!  I was in my office with the door open, shirt pulled up and belly band down, scratching my belly.  The stretching skin is really itchy, even with my regular lotioning.  It felt so good to scratch, almost as good as rubbing my eyes during allergy season!  I had two co-works come to ask me a question and all three of us broke out in laughter.
Special moment: Going to Medford last weekend.  I had a great time visiting my Dad and Shawna and my little sister, my Mom and Keith, my grandmother, my step-grandparents, and dear friend Leslie.  Les also brought her six week little guy over for me to meet him for the first time.  Jared was absolutely precious and tree-frogged on my chest while he fell asleep for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment