Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week 15 and Fireworks

This past week has been pretty calm, which was much needed!  Over the weekend, we went to Hayward Field for the Olympic Track and Field Trials.  It was fun to be there and watch some events on the jumbo-tron, even if we did not have tickets.  The rain came harder than we expected but we had really good parking karma! After we changed into dry clothes, it was off to the movie theater for Brave.  I really enjoyed the plot and graphics which is to be expected from Pixar!  The only thing we did not do was pick strawberries at one of the local farms because of the rain.  Go figure, most of the country is having record heat waves and in Eugene we had rain...only Oregon!

The 4th of July is always one of my favorite holidays!  We had a lovely relaxing day and I was constantly reminded of the tadpole.  I was officially 15 weeks pregnant on the 4th so the baby's presence was more real on day off when I could ponder this crazy adventure.  I just kept thinking, "I am 15 weeks pregnant today, on the 4th of July...I am 15 weeks pregnant on the 4th of July."  It seems like just yesterday we found out that we were expecting and that was 10, yes 10, weeks ago!  Dan made an awesome dinner per my request.  We had a seafood pot (shellfish, shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob, sausage cooked in one giant pot) which completely hit the spot.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been a good beer but that can wait for next year.  We finished dinner and headed down a few blocks to watch the Pro Rodeo's fireworks.  Their field, where they do a lot of the parking, backs up to our neighborhood.  The whole neighborhood and their guests walk down to the field.  Our crazy neighbors were setting off fireworks, (Can you still call them fireworks if they are illegal and sound like bombs?), until 2 or 3 in the morning.  That part wasn't so fun but what can you do?  We had a great holiday and a lovely day of rest!
This is what happens when you take the picture
yourself..note to self, do not do again!

















Week 15

Baby Size: an apple!  The baby measures 4 inches and weights 2 1/2 ounces.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.
How I feel about being pregnant:   Feeling good these days!  I get excited every time someone asks about the tadpole!
Symptoms:  Nothing new this week.  See last week!
Cravings:  Nothing really.
What I am most excited about: Finding out what we are having on Aug. 6!  I have a whole month to wait!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He indulged me on my weekend to-do list!  We went to the Olympic Track & Field Trials and to see Brave.
Funny moment: Coffee made me a little crazy one day last week!  I had one really strong cup and was Chatty McChatterson to everyone!
Special moment:Realizing that this time next year, we will be watching fireworks with our new little one!  I started to tear up while watching the Pro Rodeo fireworks from our neighborhood!


The other good thing about yesterday was my cuddle time and photo session of the doggos!  Yes, I am a dork who loves my girls and takes crazy pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment