Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sights and Sounds

This was another week filled with ups and downs.  Nothing new, I know!  My all-day sickness is really starting to get old but I keep holding on to the hope of just a few more weeks...then I will be out of the first trimester!  I am seriously hoping the all day nausea and vomiting will end with the first trimester...please!  Really, the all-day sickness was the worst of it and today has been especially bad.

Now for the good!  On Wednesday, I officially hit the 10 week mark.  That means I am 25% of the way done!  Wahoo!  I know it sounds silly but I am just excited to get out of the first trimester.  I learned that the tadpole is the size of a kumquat...


Our baby is about an inch long from head to bottom.  It has arms over its heart with fingers and toes that are not longer webbed!  There are even little fingernails starting to form and fuzzy hair starting to grow.  This whole process is very odd but very amazing and could only be designed by God!

The best came on Thursday when Dan and I met with the doctor for the first time.  She was very excited for us!  All my screening tests from the nurse's appointment came back good so no worries there.  Dr. Reilly answered some questions and gave some tips for morning sickness.  Those tips will be tried tonight!  I learned that I can sit in a spa, as long as the jets are not on, which is one of the most calming things for me.  I also learned that I can eat raw sushi!  I almost cried when she gave me this news.  She said that parasites are the main concern so only eat at reputable places and stick to salmon and tuna...so excited!  I really wasn't sure how I was going to survive summer without sushi.  Next, she brought in the ultrasound so we could take a quick peak at the tadpole.  I could not see the little peanut on the screen, even after asking, and even after she pointed it out.  Thankfully we were given an picture and Dan showed me while she wheeled the machine out!  Check out our cute tadpole!

The blob in the upper left corner has a little peanut inside.  The circle on the right is the baby's head and the other circle is its body.  Dan even got to see an arm move!  Such an amazing sight to see!  Even more amazing was getting to hear the heartbeat.  Oh my goodness!  To hear the little heartbeat inside of me of our baby brought me to tears.  It was such a fast little thing (116 beats per minute which is normal).  That was actually the highlight of the week for me!

All in all, the ability to see and hear our baby made up for all the all-day sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment