Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 11

I am officially 11 weeks preggo today...only 29 more to go!  I love getting weekly emails with updates on how the baby is developing and what my body is going through.  I especially love the fruit/size comparisons!  So as of today, I have a fig...

 
The peanut's little body is almost fully formed now, but with lots of growing left to do. She or he is probably about an inch and a half long (about the size of a fig) and is busy kicking and stretching, though the movements are too slight for me to feel yet. The tiny fists are opening and closing, and many of the bones are beginning to harden. 

My doctor recommended B6 and half a Unisom tablet to help with all-day sickness and so far it seems to be helping.  Sunday was such a tough day that I tried the combo as I went to bed.  On Monday and Tuesday, I actually felt more human and less sensitive to smells.  So exciting!  I keep hoping that in just a few short weeks the morning sickness will subside...seriously, hoping!

I have had a little more energy and am pushing myself to get back to working out.  I really have missed it for the last month and feel like I am regaining the energy and strength to actually get some cardio and yoga in.  Just taking a boring walk really helps and tomorrow I plan to walk and swim at the pool.  I bought a prenatal yoga DVD to help with stretching and lengthening my spine.  Since I woke up a few weeks ago with intense shoulder pain, I kept thinking, "I really need to do some yoga...stretch and strengthen my back and arms again!"  Thanks to Amazon, I was able to get a DVD that I really enjoyed and on Monday, I started yoga again!  I completely forgot how much I love love LOVE yoga.  It is such a great relaxing work out where you can push the pose to your preference!  My back, arms, and legs are already feeling so much better and the tension is starting to release from my hips.   Ahhhhhh.... Oooommmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment