Thursday, June 14, 2012

Feeling Blessed

This has been a pretty darn good week!  I am feeling human again...yay for B6!  I have the best, supportive family a girl could ever want with wonderful friends and the perfect husband.  I am not really fearful of what this new adventure will bring but truly excited!  I even have started to scope out and started to research some of the baby stuff we will need.  Over the weekend we were able to purchase the first nursery furniture piece.  A friend of a friend was seller her glider so we got a killer deal! 


I can just picture Dan or I rocking in this awesome chair with the little tiny new addition to our family.   Yes, I am definitely feeling blessed these days!

Yesterday completed week 12 of pregnancy!  I absolutely cannot believe that I am three months along in this journey.  It seems like we just found out yesterday but really that was two months ago.  I am definitely looking forward to the second trimester; hopefully the morning sickness will go away and I will regain some of my energy.  At this point, I am going to start to take weekly pictures to show the baby bump grow.  So at week 12, I am this far along:
 I am not really showing too much but I can tell all the differences!  I am definitely into maternity clothes and loving dresses/skirts.  I am at the point where I just look like I have gained weight but not because I am growing a human.  I know I will start to show more soon and am looking forward to that.

The baby is now the size of a lime, 2 inches from head to rump and weighs about half an ounce.  I think it is completely amazing that the little tadpole now has reflexes and can move those arms and legs.  Plus, the eyes and ears are now in the right spot so the little face really looks like a little person...amazing!  Definitely feeling blessed!

I saw on another blog a great little weekly rundown list so I am going to start to do that, too.  Sorry, a bit of this will be repeated from above but I will keep it quick! 

Week 12
Baby Size: a lime, 2 inches head to rump and weighs half an ounce
How I feel about being pregnant:  Excited!  The first trimester is waning away and my fears with it!
Symptoms:  The all-day sickness is better.  I am still occasionally sick in the morning but even that is getting better.  At this point, I just feel really really tired but I think that is probably being enhanced my allergies.
Cravings:  None yet.  Mostly foods just don't sound good.  I have noticed that I am wanting fruits more, especially citrus!
What I am most excited about:  Goodbye first trimester!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  Dan is absolutely amazing!  He cleans, cooks, handles the dogs, lets me sleep, and puts up with me when I am a crank-a-potimus!  He really is the best!
Funny moment: I felt like a hippo doing my prenatal yoga DVD for the first time...then add the girls "helping".  Two Great Danes are not good yoga buddies!  They kept circling me and nosing me.  They just were not sure about all these crazy poses and movements their mom was making.
Special moment: Getting the first piece of nursery furniture.  Oh!  And realizing that this is Dan's first Father's Day on Sunday. 

Like I have said a few times, I am definitely feeling very blessed these days and largely because of the support, love, and help from my wonderful husband.  Early in the week I was trying to figure out what to get him for his first Father's Day.  Both sets of my parents sent lovely cards/gifts to me on Mother's Day and I felt loved and encouraged.  I felt like this was really happening and was overcome with joy and peace.  I want Dan to have something similar.  I finally figured out my gift to him and told him later that night that I knew what his Father's Day gift was.  He looked at me and said that he is not a dad yet and I said, "Of course you are!"  He then looked sheepishly at me and said that he did not get me anything on Mother's Day and I said that's not the point.  I enjoyed watching the wheels turned as he processed the information that this will be his first Father's Day.  It was a really special moment for me because that man was made to be a father and I got to watch that reality sink in for him.  Yes, I am truly blessed!







No comments:

Post a Comment