Monday, March 29, 2010

Longest Run To Date

The long run should have techincally been on Saturday but I had my Mary Kay Career Conference all day so we decided to do the run on Sunday.  We slept in late, which was much needed, but got off to a late start.  We parked by the Valley River Inn.  We did our warm up and then went into 3 minute run/2 minute walk intervals.  We ran along the river all the way to the I5 bridge where we were stopped because of construction.  We needed to go another .75 miles to really get in our goal.  That turn around interval was pure evil.  I wanted to walk.  I wanted to stop but somehow found the strength to put one foot in front of the other and keep going.  We made it all the way back to where we parked and continued on to get our full run in.  My oh my how good it felt to do the final stretch, to meet the goal, and to be done!  We ran a full 7 miles in a 15:03ish pace...pretty darn impressive for us!  With warm up and cool down, our total distance was 7.8 miles in roughly 2 hours.  I'll take it!

That's another 7.8 miles for a weekly total of 15.36 miles and a training total of 56.65 miles!  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment