Monday, March 22, 2010

The Pear Blossom Run

I have taken a few weeks off and sort of adjusted my training program.  I was going to only do the 5K or bail entirely on the Pear Blossom Run in Medford...until Shawna told me that she has told everyone that I am coming.  So either 5K or 10 mile.  I checked with Tamika to see which race she is doing and it is the 10 mile.  I am keeping to my goal of doing the 10 mile...YIKES!  When I realized that the Pear Blossom is only in about three weeks, I pushed extra hard on my run.  While I do believe that tiling should count as workouts, it's not a run. 

Today was my first run in a while and it actually went better than expected..pheew!  I did a nice five minute warm up and then my 3/2 intervals ten (yep, that's right, 10!), and a five minute cool down.  So my milage with warm up and cool down was 3.47 with a pace of 17:17.  With that pace, I would BARELY finish the Pear Blossom within the time limit.  Thank goodness my run, without warm up/cool down, was 50 minutes and 3.04 milage for a pace of 16:27...so much better.  I am not saying that's a good pace but if I keep that, then I will actually finish within the time limit!  Wahoo!

So another 3.47 down and so much more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment