Thursday, March 25, 2010

One Hour of Greatness

Again, I did not want to work out today but I challenged myself to a full hour of pure training, not including warm up or cool down.  That's an hour and ten minutes total on the treadmill.  So at the end of the 2 interval mark in the run, I gave myself the option to stop at 10 intervals which would have been cutting out two intervals.  The best thing happened, though...I got totally into the run!

I started to feel excited as time passed by.  My form was relaxed but with great posture.  I was working but not working myself to death.  I was excited as each interval passed.  I was not focused on the time or the distance but just enjoyed the run.  I watched my feet in the reflection and listened to my stride as my feet landed.  My breath was steady.  My heartrate recovered very well through most of the run.  All in all, the whole thing felt awesome.  I did 3.61 in one hour with 12 intervals...that's a 16:37 pace!  Not great but not too shabby either!  Total milage was 4.09 in 1:10:00 (pace 17:07)

Feeling good! 
Total 48.85 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment