Monday, April 5, 2010

Scared Stiff! Yikes!

We had our best run to date on March 28.  Last week, I took Monday off to recover from the great run.  I swam on Tuesday.  Wednesday was a rest day.  I ran, sort of, on Thursday.  I went to go on a run in the neighborhood, made it about .75 of a mile and my poor legs were still very stiff and sore so I went home.  I did not give up though, I ran the stairs and in the house and then out on the deck...looked funny, I am sure, but I did not give up.  Friday was a swim day but my swim buddy was not around so Friday was a rest day.  We did not do a long run on the weekend...too much was going on!

So today, I ran for 20 minutes and did 1.45 miles.  My legs were so stiff and sore, especially along my shin and in the back of my calf, that I had to stop.  I made the switch over to the treadmill for 20 minutes, distance .45...I think it lies!  But, I still did not give up.  Now I am scared, scared stiff, with the Pear Blossom Run on Saturday morning.  My legs have got to recover, and fast, for it!  I signed up and paid for Dan and I to run it so...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment