Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beginning of the End

I can't believe that I am officially into my third trimester.  It feels like just yesterday we found out I was pregnant, the anxiety of anticipations, and the all day sickness.  The second trimester treated me well.  My nerves calmed down, I felt better, and I had more energy.  The house motto was, "We still have 5 months so we can figure that out later."  Now the reality has set in that we are going to meet this little guy in just three short months...only 90ish days away!  WOW!  The anxiety is back but in an exciting, pent up sort of way.  I just want to meet him!

The last week was fairly calm and uneventful.  We had birthing class on Wed. night and learned about the various stages of labor...yikes!  On Thursday, I made it to the women's church group which I have been missing dearly.  It felt wonderful to be with other caring women in various parts of life.  Dan was gone for the weekend so I got a lot of sewing done.  Billy stopped by on Friday to store some empty kegs while he was at a workshop all weekend.  I got to see him Sunday afternoon when he picked them up.  That was a lovely visit.  Nothing noteworthy on Monday.  On Tuesday I had an OB appointment that went well.  Doc says that the baby and I are doing really well.  I am now on an every other week schedule for my appointments.  At the end of the month, I have an ultrasound scheduled to see if the placenta has moved to a better spot with the follow up OB check right afterwards.  I am anxious to get the results but just want to know.



Week 28

Baby Size: a Chinese cabbage or eggplant!  He weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from head to heel.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
How I feel about being pregnant: big!  I have to lean over to see my toes in the shower! I just can't wait to actually see and hold our little guy.
Symptoms:  I am now sporting the line down my belly.  I really want a good night's sleep.
Cravings:  Nothing.  I want ice cream each night but I wanted that before I was preggo!
What I am most excited about:  I just want to see him.  I wonder what he looks like, how he will smell, will he have hair and how much, how soft will he be, etc.  I am so ready to see his beautiful little face and to love on him!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He takes care of groceries and dinner...enough said!
Funny moment: We were greeted with a visiting flamingo flock on Thursday night!  This is the second year in a row.  I always enjoy the looks and reactions as people pass by!  I added a picture of my favorite guy above.
Special moment:  Feeling this little guy get stronger and more active! The doctor was trying to listen to his heartbeat and he kept moving on her.  He is one active swimmer!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment