Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Showered with Love in Medford



On Wednesday evening, I met with a pediatrician that my OB doc highly and enthusiastically recommended.  He will be a great match for our family!  He was very calming and soothing.   He is a really good listener and great with first time parents.  He said his favorite part of the job was getting to play with kids during the day and watch them grow.  He has two small children so he also gets the parent side!  Another item crossed off the list!

A friend of mine referred me to an awesome consignment sale that is put on twice a year.  I went just to check it out and get an idea of what to expect in spring, especially because my first baby shower was just right around the corner.  I was amazed at the selection of clothes, shoes, bedding, blankets,and maternity clothes that were in one large area and how well it was organized!  The other area was even more impressive with toys sorted by age, strollers, car seats, car seat bases, bouncers, swings, books, movies, furniture, and everything else kid and/or baby oriented!  I ended up scoring the exact bouncer/swing combo that I registered for for half the retail price.  It was barely used!  I also bought a cute sleeper sack, 10 pairs of socks, 5 hats, 1 pair of newborn mittens, a cute outfit that still had tags on it, and an awesome blanket still in the store packaging with the tags and ribbon bow!  I will definitely be going back to the  Itty Bitty Boutique!  It was amazing!

 
The weekend came and went too quickly!  I rushed home after work on Friday and bolted down to Medford.  My mom and step-mom planned and hosted a lovely baby shower.  Dan was unable to come with me because of Dolce and his grandmother's memorial.  I was happily surprised that my aunt from Portland and my aunt from the Bay Area were able to come.  My good friend Leslie was the photographer and I cannot wait to see the pictures!  Check out her business blog, Any Occasion Photography!  Dan, Bebe Claric, and I are truly blessed and loved.  I was blown away by the creativity, love, and generosity that poured out during the shower.  Adam's Deli catered which meant that I got to get hugs from my Papa Rich who owns the deli.  Rich and Joanne have been long time family friends who I consider another set of parents.  My mom made the cutest and yummiest owl cake.  She is one talented lady!  Pictures to come!  It was a quick visit in Medford but I was able to visit my step-grandpa who had a hip replacement earlier in the week.  He is recovering extremely well!  My brother came over from Klamath Falls on Saturday so I got to see him for a few minutes before the shower and before leaving town on Sunday.  I made a quick stop by Leslie's to pick up baby clothes she gave to us.  I honestly am amazed that everything fit in the car back to Eugene.  I got back Eugene and was going to go over the memorial but Dan said not to come.  I stayed home and doggy sat.  He got home just as I headed out the door for church.  It was a packed weekend!



Monday and Tuesday flew by.  I had a terrible headache that turned into a migraine on Monday evening so I did not make my Mary Kay meeting.  I had my ultrasound and OB check on Tuesday afternoon.  I was relieved to find out that my placenta is not covering the cervix so no placenta previa here!  We were able to see the tadpole move and squirm...and he is getting big!  He is also in the head down position.  My doctor said that he is growing well and everything looks really good.  She said that Bebe Claric is about 4 pounds 8 ounces!  He is about a week more advanced in development but my due date is going to stay the same.  Ultrasound pics to come later!  Over the weekend, I was able to get ideas for Christmas presents and made the first venture out on Tuesday after work.  I was able to cross a few off my list and found some killer deals for the Tadpole.  He needs Christmas presents, too, right?
Pumpkin Patch
Costumed Belly









Week 32




Baby Size: a large jicama or a squash!  He weighs 3.75 pounds and is 16.7 inches long!  According to the ultrasound yesterday, he is 4lb 8oz!
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
(He) is taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

How I feel about being pregnant: Relieved!  The ultrasound revealed the my placenta is not covering the cervix!
Symptoms:  Just the usually tossing and turning at night and using the restroom every two hours. 
Cravings:  None.
What I am most excited about:  Getting everything put away in the nursery!  I have wonderful and generous family and friends who spoiled Bebe Claric this weekend!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  1) He has slept on the couch with Dolce while her tail heals specifically so I can get the best rest possible at night.  Have I mentioned that he is Superman?  2) He loaded the car so that I could leave right after work on Friday...seriously, her is Superman!
Funny moment: Someone told me to "toughen up and grow a pair".  My response was, "I sort of already have..." while pointing to my belly!  I made myself laugh and the other person, too!
Special moment:  The baby shower that my mom and step-mom hosted was extremely special, touching, and lovely.  I feel so blessed to have wonderful friends and family who helped celebrate and love our growing family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment