Thursday, October 25, 2012

Toes...What Toes?

I miss my toes!  I never thought I would say that but it's true.  There are times when I don't feel huge until I look down and am reminded that I have not toes, unless I bend over.  I miss being able to do simple things like getting off the couch and out of bed.  I miss being able to shave my legs.  Again, I never thought I would say that.  I miss being able to paint my toenails.  I miss being able to cut my toenails.  I guess that means more pedicures are in my future...darn!  I miss wearing cute heels.  I miss most of my shoes!  Most of the time I don't notice these missed items until I am reminded in the bathroom/shower that I have no toes.  Here is the bird's eye view of what I see when I look for me feet:
 


I knew it would happen so I am not surprised, worried, or saddened but am glad of the reminder that this little guy is coming soon!

This past week brought a lot of fun and a lot of crazy to our lives.  Princess Pinhead (aka Dolce) has needed 24 hour supervision to ensure that her tail stays wrapped so that it can heal.  Dan stayed home with her on Wednesday evening when I went to the last birthing class.  I still can't believe that we did 5 weeks of birth classes...seriously, where in the world is time going?!  We learned about the what will happen during a vaginal birth in more detail.  We also we informed of the aftercare in the hospital for mom and baby; including, the eye ointment, the Vitamin K shot, the Hep B vaccine option, and vaccines for moms.  Dan has slept on the couch with Dolce to watch her tail since Tuesday night.  I took her to work after Rotary on Thursday.  Dan took her on Friday.  I had my OB check on Friday and everything looks really good including the results of the glucose test and my blood count.  Not that I was too concerned but I am relieved to know that I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes.

My office visitor with the Cone of Shame and a tail helmet.

Saturday was a relaxing day for me with some cooking.  Dan visited his grandmother who was in the hospital and family who were there.  My cooking was for a chilli feed that a group of us had planned for Sunday.  I got home from church and we had some down time before heading over to the hosts' house for chilli, cider, and sugar cookies. On the way over Dan informed me that his grandmother had passed earlier in the afternoon.  Dan had Dolce in the back of the Jeep so that we could keep an eye on her.  The plan was good until she busted the back mini window on the driver side.  Thankfully it was the plexi window that Dan had repaired and not an actual glass window!  That darn dog!  Dan took her home and put the mussel on her with the cone and crated her in hopes the tail cast/bandages would stay on.  He stayed for a couple hours before heading over to be with family that had gathered for his grandmother.  I enjoyed that good food, games, and company for another hour before getting ready to go over there but he said that he would be leaving soon so I went home to check on doggos.  Princess Pinhead had in fact taken the cast and bandages off and nibbled on the blue bottle (aka cast) but did not break it!  She could be a magician's best friend!

The rest has been pretty calm.  Dan took her on Monday.  I took her on Tuesday.  Dan took her today.  I am meeting with a highly recommended pediatrician this afternoon to see if he will be a good fit for our little family.  The memorial for Dan's grandmother will be this coming Sunday so he is unable to come to Medford with me for the baby shower.  I am really looking forward to the shower but it is bitter sweet with the mourning of Dan's grandmother.  Keep Dan and his family in your thoughts and prayers!





Week 31

Baby Size: 4 navel oranges or a pineapple!  He weighs 3.3 pounds and is over 16 inches long!
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up... All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
From another source, all five senses are in working order!

How I feel about being pregnant: Excited.  I definitely feel pregnant but not overwhelmingly so.  I working on trying to stay calm and relaxed!
Symptoms:  The only new item is that morning sickness seems to be coming back a bit.
Cravings:  None.
What I am most excited about:  The upcoming baby shower in Medford.  I am really looking forward to getting to celebrate this little guy with family and friends.
Something sweet your daddy did for me: He is sleeping on the couch with the dog so that I can get good rest.  That man is so thoughtful and sweet! 
Funny moment:  1) My OB and I had a chat about our favorite mystery authors and TV mystery shows.  Turns out we have very similar taste!  2) Dolce making a break out of Dan's Jeep!  I still have not idea how she got the cone and her body through such a narrow opening!
Special moment:  Spending time with a great group of friends, eating chilli, playing games, and the good conversations that occurred on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment