Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 26 and Counting

On Friday, I felt the baby move on the outside for the first time!  I was and am so excited that he is getting stronger!  Later that evening, I saw him move...sort of creepy!  I was reading on my iPad and the belly had a quick, isolated push out.  I think there is a little alien growing inside of me.  Dan left Friday night for hunting after we went to family pizza night.  On Saturday, Caitlin came to the Duck game with me and we carpooled with Megan and Travis.  It was so nice to get time with all of them, especially because Megan and Travis live in the Bay area.  After the Duck win, we all went out to dinner and dessert with Allison and Jason. Our group should not be allowed in public but I had a great time and many laughs!  Sunday was nice and relaxing.  I did tons of dishes and tons of laundry.  It's so nice to have a tidy home!  I also put the finishing touches on the baby's room.  The second tree decal and framed print are on the walls!  The other big news is that we start our child birthing class tonight. 
Pretty new grass coming in
Caitlin and I at the game!






Week 26



Baby Size:  The length of an English hothouse cucumber or a head of lettuce!  He weights a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat...If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

From another source, the tadpole has eyelashes!
How I feel about being pregnant: Excited to be done in less than four months!  I really miss sleeping through the night, not having to get up to pee, not "rolling" out of bed, not being sucked into the couch vortex, and having my own body back.  I really am starting to feel like a two ton heifer and sharing my body with this little one is tough work!
Symptoms:  not sleeping well, swollen feet, the need to pee every five minutes, aching back, nesting, and very swollen/tender breasts!  Oh, and Braxton Hicks started but thankfully they don't hurt.  It's just a weird pulsating feeling.
Cravings: sweets...mainly chocolate or ice cream!
What I am most excited about:  seeing my belly move!  It was amazing and slightly creepy all at the same time!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He left me his car while he was off hunting.  The Accord drives so smoothly!
Funny moment: The entire time the group was in public!  There are too many funny comments, banter, and laughs to pin it down to just one!
Special moment:  It's a tie between seeing the baby move and finishing the decoration of the baby's room.  Pretty amazing to see my belly move on it's own.  Pretty amazing to see the room done.  I just wanted to sit in it and read.  I think I am still nesting hardcore style!







No comments:

Post a Comment