Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Week of Stress and Worries...and Hormones

Where is the time going?  Seriously!  I feel like it was only a few days ago that I was experiencing all-day sickness and now I only have four months to go!  While I am super eager to meet this little guy, there is still so much to do and so much to get and so much to learn.  How will we do it all in the next four months?!  How will we afford the big items we still need, not just want, but truly need?  Those were my panicked thoughts through most of the last week until I had a calming realization  from my Guardian Angel.  I remembered that this whole process is not about me.  It's not about Dan.  It's about God's plan and this new little person that we have been trusted to raise.  I know we are ready for this new adventure and I know all the little details will work out.  They always do.  I am so lucky to be surrounded by a loving family, supportive friends, a wonderful church community, and a husband that is even better than I could have dreamed of...love that man!  Even in the midst of hormone chaos and pregnancy worries, I am blessed and very thankful!

Sad swollen feet at work
This past week, as you can tell, brought a bit of stress to our lives!  On my way to Rotary, my back driver-side tire shredded and I could not get a hold of Dan.  I was stranded...not a good feeling.  I called my Dad who walked me through what to do next, call insurance to see if I have roadside assistance.  Thankfully another club member pulled over to assist me.  Corrine, in her white capris, helped me dig in my trunk for the necessary tools and tire and she jacked up my car.  Airport security asked if I could move and I said no because the wheel was metal on asphalt.  Which is not a lovely sound!  TSA arrived and TSA Patrick Reed took over changing my tire.  He even asked what flight I was on so he could make sure they held the plane for me!  TSA Patrick was my hero on Thursday!  Perhaps as equally surprising as TSA Patrick's attempt to hold a plane for me was the fact that Corrine did not get her white capris dirty at all!  Amazing!  I made it to the meeting, to work, and got two new back tires and an alignment.  Dan continued to work outside on Thursday night while I deep cleaned our kitchen before my Mom and Keith came on Saturday.  Because the week was relentless and tough, I needed dog therapy and brought Dolce into work with me.  It still amazes me how much she can lift my spirits.  My Mom, Keith, and Dan got the dirt spread, the mesh in place, seeded, and added top dirt to polish off the new lawn.  I cannot wait to see those little blades of grass poke up!  Dan made an awesome dinner which was the perfect reward for our tired helpers.  While I was at church, the trio went to a garden nursery.  We met up for lunch afterwards before Mom and Keith headed back south.  It was a quick but lovely weekend!  Monday was pretty calm and not very noteworthy.  Tuesday evening we toured the other hospital, McKenzie Willamette. Both hospitals are great options so we made the classic pro/con list for each one and decided to go with McKenzie Willamette.  I am glad to check that off my list and start looking at the birthing class schedule to get us signed up!  Today has been on the tougher side.  I officially got sick at work for the second time and after a meal for the second time which is not a good combo.  I also noticed that my shoes were feeling weird so I took them off to discover swollen feet.  For some reason my right foot and ankle are more swollen.  All in all, I know it's worth it!



Week 25



Baby Size: as a rutabaga or a cauliflower head!  He weighs about 1 1/2 pounds and is 13 1/2 inches, head to heel, long!
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:
She's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
How I feel about being pregnant:  Scared about finances and how we are going to make ends meet with this little guy but hopeful.  I know God has a plan and it all will work out!
Symptoms:  The dreaded leg cramps and soar lower back have started.  During the tour my right foot swelled up and I had cramps in both my feet...so not fun!  PS I am not thrilled about the stretchmarks starting to form on the top of my legs and on my sides.  I have noticed that it is harder to bend over to grab things on the ground, get off the couch, and get out of bed.
Cravings:  Nothing really.
What I am most excited about: All the nursery furniture is set up in the room.  The wall decals and print are ready to go up.  The nursery has really come together and looks adorable!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He worked his tush off with my parents to get the backyard re-seeded!  Have I mentioned that I am married to Superman!
Funny moment: My mother's reaction when I called Bebe Claric a "blood sucking parasite".  I asked if "vampire" was better!  She said stick with tadpole!
Special moment: This is a pretty regular moment in our house but my favorite special moment this week was reading a book on the couch while cuddling with two loving girl dogs.  I had both heads on my lap and they were just so dang sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment