Monday, July 22, 2013

My Top 10 Mom Fails

My little guy is now 7 months and in those 7 months, I have learned a lot!  Sometimes the learning came from helpful advice, guesstimating, or by trial and error.  Below are my 10 error learning moments:

1) While on maternity leave, the UPS guy delivered a large box to our home.  Both Great Danes, the six week old baby, and I were in the house.  I was juggling keep the dogs inside, supporting and holding the baby, signing for the delivery, and getting the box inside.  Thankfully Mr. UPS helped get the box inside and we were talking about dogs.  He mentioned that he had a lab.  Then he asked, "How old?" I responded that the smaller dog was about 4 years old and the larger one was a rescue but we think she is 3 years old.  He chuckled and said, "I actually meant the baby.  How old is your little boy?"  Oops!  In my defense, we were just talking about dogs! 

2) It has been 7 months but I still will fall asleep while nursing and staying exposed and/or losing the breast pad.  I really do not care about the exposure part but it can be darn tricky finding that white pad in the middle of the night while trying to put myself back together.

3) In the middle of the night, I fell asleep while nursing and was quickly awoken by little man slipping from my grip.  He fell to the floor but thankfully was not hurt.  In fact, he did  not even wake up but it sure scared this momma!  I now keep extra pillows nearby or anchor a blanket so that it won't happen again.

4) A lack of sleep can do crazy things to a girl in the wee hours of the night like snapping the onsie over pants! 

5) One of my first times pumping at work, I got all ready and started the machine.  I was pumping like a diary cow and milk kept getting dripping on my clothes.  I was dumbfounding for a few seconds, wondering why the darn thing was malfunctioning, when I realized that I forgot to attach the bottles!

6) Dan usually gives the Vincent his baths so that they can get some special bonding time in.  To be helpful, I nakedfied the boy and brought him, facing outward, over the the bath that Dan was prepping.  Fresh air really prompts Vincy to pee so he peed on Dan.  Thankfully Dan laughed both times that this happened!

7) We have an awesome baby carrier which is perfect for shopping.  During a shopping snack time with my step-mom and little sister, I spilled nachos on the cute little guy.  I maybe also had some issues with my drink.

8) I am sure all moms have experienced this one.  I kept smelling something funny one morning at work.  It wasn't until 10:30am that I finally realized that I had baby spit-up on my shoulder!  The  smelly incident has only occurred once but often it's not until I use the restroom that I notice non-odorous spit-up which is still embarrassing!

9) Apparently, every infant boy is Vincent.  I was with a good friend when I called her son Vincent!  Thankfully, my friend is a good friend and completely understands that preggo brain just morphs into mommy brain!

10) Photos of everything and I mean everything!  Yes, I am that mom who took a picture of her son's poopy diaper so that his pediatrician knew exactly what I was talking about when I asked, "Is this normal?"  There are naked bath pictures and tons of tummy time pictures and pictures of him playing and pictures of him sleeping and pictures of him being cute and pictures of toys and pictures of his room and there are a lot of pictures!  My poor son already has a ton of blackmail pictures for his teenage years!  The oops part is that I filled the memory of my iPhone and had to delete apps in order to add more pictures and videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment