Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Two Weeks Left

Week 38 went by quick!  I had a lovely Eugene baby shower which reminded me, yet again, how loved our family is and how loved this little guy is already!  I can't wait to meet him!  I had a quick appointment on Thursday but nothing new to report.  She said that mom and baby are progressing nicely.  I celebrated my 30th birthday on Friday...wahoo!  Dan was a funeral all day on Saturday so the dogs and I relaxed and worked on the baby's room.  The Cascade Manor Resident and Employee Holiday Party was on Sunday.  The Directors work so that as many employees as possible can enjoy the festivities.  Adele and I worked the drink table which was hopping the entire party!  After being on my feet for 5 hours at the party (prep, party, clean up), I got home and decorated the Christmas tree.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were back to normal.

Our pretty Christmas tree

Week 38...WOW!


Week 38




Baby Size:  as long as a leek or the size of a pumpkin!  He weighs 6.8 pounds is is over 19.5 inches long!
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:

Your baby has really plumped up...She has a firm grasp...Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.  Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

How I feel about being pregnant: tired...it's hard work being pregnant!
Symptoms:  big/plump lips, heartburn in the middle of the night, leg cramps, and being tired!  My energy is definitely dropping again!
Cravings:  Chocolate but that's not unusual for me, especially this time of year!  I also have really been wanting juice.
What I am most excited about:  The baby's room is closer to being ready for him.  I just need to sort and put away the new gifts.
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He brought home a tree for Christmas!
Funny moment: I am not sure how it happened but my right ankle rolled under me and I went down on my left tushy side while taking presents to the car on Thursday night.  It just amazes me how clumsy I am on a good day and then throw in pregnancy!  I was not hurt at all and the baby was unaffected. 
Special moment:  The baby shower that Adele organized and Georgeanne hosted was wonderful.  I so appreciate that Dan's family came and good friends were there to support our growing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment