Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thoughts for My Baby Boy


My Dear Little Love,

I can hardly believe that I will soon meet you.  These 10 months have flown by!  As I await your birthday, I keep thinking of the things I want for you and who I want to help you become.  I know you will be your own unique individual but I hope I can help guide, encourage, show, and mold you towards being a good man.

First, I want you to always remember that you are uniquely created by God with purpose and love.  Never forget that!  You are your own person and I am so excited to see who you become.  Whenever you are in doubt, seek God and ask for help.  One of my biggest desires for you is that you grow strong in your faith and fall deeply and passionately in love with God.  He made you after all.  Your father and I are just happy to be along for the ride and know the trust God placed in us and the deep responsibility of being your parents.

Secondly, I want you to always remember how loved your are.  I am constantly amazed, even now, how much I love you and I have not met you yet.  There are so many people, family and friends, who already love you.  You have a whole group just waiting to meet you so that they can love on you.  I am constantly amazed by the outpouring of love for you and our family.  As your mother, I will always love you for who you are, unconditionally.  There is nothing that you can do or say to break that bond of love.  Please don't tempt or test that statement but remember it always.

Lastly, my wish for you is to be a good man.  A man who is strong and caring.  A man who is giving and compassionate.  A man who defends those in need and loves deeply.  A man of honor and integrity.  A man like your father and many other men in our family.  Strength comes in many forms.  Sometimes the strongest, most courageous thing you can do is to love and help someone in need.  Be strong in your beliefs and in who you are.  Be a caring man.  A man who is not afraid to show any emotion.  Feel your feelings but know how to process through.  You cannot help what you feel but you can control your actions and reactions.  Life will knock you down and it is okay to cry, to be mad, to be upset; however, when it is time, pick yourself up and start again.  I will always be here to support you.  Ask for help when you need it.  Be giving and compassionate.  Giving back is not optional in our family, it is a great obligation.  You can give of your time, talents, and resources.  You will always gain more by giving back and helping those in need.  Serving others is a great responsibility with unmeasurable joys and gifts.  Be a compassionate man.  A man who helps those in need and looks past first appearances.  Be quick to forgive.  Trust me, it is a lot harder to hold the anger and will only hurt you in the long run.  Be quick to apologize.  A simple "I'm sorry" goes a long way to mend a relationship and heal wounds.  Like giving is an obligation, defending and helping those in need is also an obligation.  A strong man defends the weak and helps the needy.  Correct the problems you see in your community, state, country, and world.  You can and will be the difference!  A true man loves and loves deeply.  In our family, we end every conversation with "I love you" even if you are extremely mad.  I want you to know love and to give it freely.  You cannot be strong, caring, giving, or compassionate without love.  Love people for who they are and not who you want them to be.  Love deeply!  Be a man of  your word.  Live your life with honor and integrity.  Be proud of your family history and continue the legacy.  Learn from the great men in our family.  Learn from others' failures so that you do not have to repeat them and learn from the successes.  I know your father will be a great example to you.  My wish for you is to be a good man, a man like your father.

My unborn son, there are so many things I want to share with you; experiences, traditions, celebrations, books, laughter, and lessons.  I hope to be the mother you need and I look forward to meeting  you and loving you.

I love you,
Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment