Wednesday, November 21, 2012

T Minus 5 Weeks

I can't believe there are only 5 weeks left...FIVE!  The last week has flown by.  I feel like I state the every week...

I had a doctor appointment on Friday which went really well.  So far I have gained 25 pounds so I am on the low side of normal weight gain.  For the last month, I have gained about a pound every two weeks.  Dr. Reilly said that everything is looking really good.  Tadpole is in the head down position.  She is not concerned about my contractions and says that might be a good hint that Bebe may decide to come early.  I got my Tdap vaccine which gave me a sore arm from Friday through Monday.  I am not sure how but my cold hung on solidly for two full weeks and is now almost gone, just the tail end of it left.

Dan played all day Saturday by brewing with a friend and then going to the Duck game.  The dogs and I had a very relaxing time by ourselves.  I became impatient and tired of staring at boxes so I assembled the Pack N Play and the stroller and I took the car seat out of the box.  I am sure I was the sight to see putting the Pack N Play together with my giant belly.  The stroller was amazingly easy!  I also was able to work on two more quilt blocks over the weekend.  Sunday was nice and calm with church, football, napping, and sewing.

I finally made it to a Mary Kay meeting on Monday which was awesome and much needed!

On Tuesday, my ribcage started to revolt.  I have previously broken three ribs that are NOT happy right now because the coughing fits from the cold and Tadpole stretching my ribcage.  They are not broken but it hurts whenever I cough, sneeze, laugh hard, breath deeply, twist wrong, or sleep on them.  They are ribs so there is really nothing to do except for grin and bear it.

I am super excited to head down to Medford for a quick Thanksgiving this afternoon.  I will get to see a lot of family and friends that I have not seen in a long time so I am really looking forward to getting down there.  I wish someone would hurry up and develop teleportation! I will go up to my Mom's in the late morning on Thanksgiving, stay up there until the late afternoon, and come back to Dad's for dinner part two.   Sadly, Dan cannot make it because of Dolce's tail and he has to work on Friday so I will be coming back on Friday.  He is going up to his Aunt and Uncle's with the dog for actual Thanksgiving and then we are going to do our own celebration with his parents on Saturday.   I think I am going to be one tired girl after this weekend!




Week 35




Baby Size: a honeydew melon or a coconut!  He weighs 5.25 pounds and is over 18 inches long!
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:

Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
How I feel about being pregnant: It hurts! 
Symptoms:  My ribs are super sore and tender, my joints are loosy goosy, and I can't get a good nights sleep.
Cravings:  Nothing...except for Thanksgiving food but that's just because the holiday is tomorrow!
What I am most excited about:  Getting to see family and friends that I have not seen in a long time.  One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is getting to visit and catch up with people.  My trip to Medford will be quick so I have a lot of people to see in a short amount of time.  Then, Eugene Thanksgiving will be on Saturday.
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He rubbed my back and shoulders because they were so tight and irritated.
Funny moment:  Dan laughed when I said "My belly button has probably never been this clean before" because it is so shallow.
Special moment:  Sleeping with a full bed all weekend!  Dan and I had both dogs sleep in the bed.  I was feeling really sad for Rose who gets crated during the day and at night when her sister has been sleeping on the couch or bed and going to work with us because of her tail.  We let both doggos sleep with us all weekend and my Rose was a wonderful dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment