Thursday, November 15, 2012

Darn Cold

My darn cold has hung on all week.  On Nov. 4, I had a sore throat and an evil cough that progressed to being stuck in my face on Nov. 11.  I really do not think it is fair to be sick while pregnant!  It was hard enough to get a good breath of air with the growing tadpole invading my upper abdomen so adding gunk to my lungs made it that much worse.  Then there is the constant coughing which taxes the already stretched-to-the-limit stomach muscles and ribcage.  The coughing also puts extra pressure on the already squeezed bladder which made for fun little surprises.  I felt like a fool, a grown woman coughing to the point where a little pee would sneak out but such is life.  I have been told that that is only a precursor for post-baby.   The sore throat stripped my voice so I sounded like an old man or a dieing frog.  The sore ears filled with fluid made the ability to hear more difficult.  And as if being in the third trimester wasn't tiring enough, there was the complete lack of energy and lightheadedness.  By Sunday, my chest cold migrated to my face.  At least the cough and sore throat were less painful; however, the congested, stuffy, sore nose got old quick!  My poor sinuses were so tender that I almost bought the baby's humidifier just to try to get some relief at night.  I spent most of Friday and Saturday with a scarf or shirt over my nose in hope that my breathing would add some moisture and heat to help.  I went from a completely clogged nose to gushing nose at the drop of a hat which was stellar at church when the flood gates opened.  Thankfully, someone handed me a tissue.  I sincerely do not believe that a woman should be able to get sick while pregnant.  Pregnancy is taxing enough on the body!

The last week was pretty boring and dull due to an evil cold!



Week 34




Baby Size: a cantaloupe or a butternut squash!  He weighs 4.75 pounds and is almost 18 inches long.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:

Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.
How I feel about being pregnant: Pregnancy is hard and not for the faint of heart! 
Symptoms:  In case you were wondering, practice contractions are not fun!  I had them very inconsistently throughout the last week and usually in pairs.  I would get two in a row and then nothing for the rest of the day.  I have also been experiencing a tender tummy.  It just feels off so I really have not wanted to eat.  Plus, it has been a bit tender to touch on the outside.  Tender tummy on the inside and outside!  My hips have been sore and the muscles involved in the area (pelvic, hips, upper leg, lower back, etc.) are feeling strained and tired.  I also noticed a big drop in energy!  On a final note, my breasts are definitely growing and changing while preparing to feed this kiddo.
Cravings:  Nothing.
What I am most excited about:  Being mostly done with Christmas shopping.  All but two gifts have been purchased.  Now I just need the energy to wrap!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He takes good care of me!
Funny moment:  Realizing that the belly bump is a food magnet!  I am not the cleanest eater in the world but my goodness does food seem to gravitate to my belly!
Special moment:  This may seem lame but taking a nap on Friday was the best.  I was sick and left work early.  I let Rose out of her crate.  I had had Dolce at work so I let both the girls go potty.  I let the dogs back inside and put a movie on that I knew I would fall asleep to because I have seen it so many times.  I was out within the first 10 minutes of the movie with two cute girl dogs cuddling with me.  I slept for a solid 3 hours and it was MUCH needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment