Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Half Way There

Today, I am officially half way with my pregnancy...CRAZY!  I can't believe that I have now completed 20 weeks of being pregnant!  This past week has not been too exciting, especially compared to last week!  Dan has continued to clean up my car mess.  Have I mentioned he is Superman?  We had a nice, calm weekend which was much needed.  My mom and Keith stopped by for a quick visit on Sunday afternoon which was a treat!

The most exciting day this week was Monday!  We had an ultrasound and found out that we are having a BOY!  I am not sure I know what to do with a boy.  Truthfully, I am not sure I would know what to do with a girl, either.  I was amazed at how big he is and all the movement he was doing on the screen.  Dan was with me so we got to experience seeing the tadpole together.  He was moving and squirming and stretching his arms and kicking his legs and moving his little mouth...and we could see it all!  The tech did a great job explaining what the pictures were and how the baby was developing.  She said that he is developing well, his measurements are what they should be, and he appears to be healthy.  That's all I wanted to hear!  This little guy is so loved already!  As I was leaving the office, it dawned on my that we are bringing a new male into the world that shares Dan's genes...and my father's!  May Heaven help us all!  This will be a fun adventure!

My dear friend Leslie, a mother of two young boys, wrote a beautiful blog on raising good men.  She perfectly stated how I feel so check out her post!  

http://anyoccasionphotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/future-fathers.html




Week 20

Baby Size: a banana!  The baby measures 6.5 inches from head to rump, 10 inches from head to heel, and weights 10.5 ounces.
Baby Development: According to BabyCenter.com:

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
It's crazy to think that the tadpole now has working taste buds (info from another site)!
How I feel about being pregnant:  Excited!  Nervous about being a mom to a boy...not sure that I know what to do with a boy!
Symptoms:  Nothing.
Cravings:  Nothing. 
What I am most excited about: I am half way!  Can't believe how time has flown.  I also can't wait to go shopping for our little guy!  Now I know what gender to buy for!
Something sweet your daddy did for me:  He came to the ultrasound appointment.  It was nice to have him there with me!
Funny moment: When the ultrasound tech said, "There are the kidneys that are producing urine that is going into the bladder...and out his penis.  Congrats, you are having a boy!"  She said she has never said it that way but the pictures and the baby's position made it easy to describe!
Special moment:  Seeing the ultrasound with Dan.  The baby was moving his little arms and legs.  He also was opening and closing his little mouth!  He developing well and looks healthy.  That's all this mom could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment