Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Finish Line

Wahoo!  We did it all, all 13.1 miles of the Eugene Half Marathon!  I can still walk, stiff and a bit sore, but able to walk.  Even Dan was sore after this one. 

We made some poor decisions the day before.  We went to Myrtle Creek to support two friends and their football team.  That meant that we ate like crap, did not get enough water, got home late, had dinner at midnight, and went to bed around 12:30.  We had to get up at 5:45am in order to leave the house on time.  Between the little food and lack of sleep and nerves, I had a minor panic attack...totally not cool!  I just felt trapped to the bathroom and did not want to leave.  I got myself downstairs, first good move.  Dan was a trooper and said, "Let's just drive down there.  We can get there and if you can decide once we are there."  Of course, as soon as we started walking to the start line, I perked up.  I started the race on a completely empty stomach with little sleep so we decided to walk most of it.  We had 6 or 7 running stints but kept a good walking pace for the rest.  We finished in 3:33:??.  All I wanted was the finishers medal and now I have one!  Super awesome!

More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment